Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Linux News

I'm sure all of us have read it in the news already. Even though it's not about linux and I'm not an apple person, I thought it'd be good

to have a moment of silence for Steve Jobs here on the forum too. RIP Steve!!

Absolutely. Steve influenced many many things, not just in the technology world (would we have a desktop Linux with a GUI today without him?), but in many other areas of modern life too.

Here were my thoughts -- http://peter.upfold.org.uk/blog/2011/10/...eve-jobs/.

Quote:Absolutely. Steve influenced many many things, not just in the technology world (would we have a desktop Linux with a GUI today without him?), but in many other areas of modern life too.

Here were my thoughts -- http://peter.upfold....ing-steve-jobs/.

Yes I'm glad he helped out in that or else I might still be stuk in windows. While now I only need windows for when playing a game and I use linux for all the rest :)

I would give apple a macbook ago, but just too expensive for me and I don't feel like learning another whole new OS even though it's unix based. Linux will keep

me more than busy.

Just a quote from someone I know to lighten up a sad happening: "10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash."

[Image: xl_jobstribute.jpg]

He will be remembered for the things he did, not only for the bad (iPhone aerial issue, etc) but also for the good (visionary, driver, inventor).

Either way, he made a huge impact upon people's lives, and inspired a generation to think differently, as well as force plenty of commercial interests to follow and aspire accordingly.

He will be sadly missed. The world, not only the world of IT but the world of consumerism and customers, has greatly benefited from his time on this earth. I only hope others will be inspired by him and try to follow in his footsteps, no matter how big the shoes to fill.

[Image: 122ygaw.jpg]

Farewell, Steve. I never knew you, never met you, yet in some strange way still followed you and the things you did.