Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guise!

Hi guys I'm new here! :)and a total Linux N00B. I come to learn and share knowledge, I may need some guidance and help whenever I'm stuck with something. If you don't mind :) be nice to me, I'll be nice to you.

Current flavor = Ubuntu, interested with Debian, mainly because of ".deb" feature.

Kthnx

Quote:Hi guys I'm new here! :) and a total Linux N00B. I come to learn and share knowledge, I may need some guidance and help whenever I'm stuck with something. If you don't mind [img]<___base_url___>//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img] be nice to me, I'll be nice to you.

Current flavor = Ubuntu, interested with Debian, mainly because of ".deb" feature.

Kthnx

Hey dex0! Welcome to the forums :)What I've learned so far about linux is just to try out things. Find something you want to learn how to do. Try and see how far you get, and if you have any questions anytime just feel free to post on the forums. We are a friendly community :)

Welcome aboard! :)

Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have, and also share your experiences and anything you pick up along the way. Glad to have you here!

You may find debian not as friendly as ubuntu - think of it as the older, wider, more mature (but somewhat humourless) version of ubuntu.

Alternatively, you may like Mint, which is a younger and fun version of ubuntu.

Doesn't stop you from trying them out, mind!

You can also just install ubuntu and run virtual box and create virtual machines to try different linux distros to see which one you like best and then decided to install it as your main OS.