inittux

US Spy Drone switch to Linux?

US-drone101.jpg

Remember a while back when a US drone crashed? Well the cause of the problem that caused it to crash seems to have

been a malware infection. Here's a picture of the controls is 2009 . Check the middle screen between the two pilots. Recognize the well know windows menu bar? And here's a more recent picture from 2011 The second picture is really a clear picture. But how cool is that :D

source

• Like 6

I can't see any indication that it's running Linux, but surely if it was downed as a result of malware infection then that implies someone wasn't keeping defensive measures updated, rather than a failure of the OS itself.

I've had similar arguments about the number of Linux webservers out there hosting botnets and trojans - it's not a Linux thing, it's the webmaster or webserver administrator not keeping things patched and not monitoring their systems closely enough. Largely, it's not the OS to blame - failure is often traced to something human!

I can't see any indication that it's running Linux, but surely if it was downed as a result of malware infection then that implies someone wasn't keeping defensive measures updated, rather than a failure of the OS itself.

I've had similar arguments about the number of Linux webservers out there hosting botnets and trojans - it's not a Linux thing, it's the webmaster or webserver administrator not keeping things patched and not monitoring their systems closely enough. Largely, it's not the OS to blame - failure is often traced to something human!

Yeah I agree, can't exactly know it is Linux but I thought it was an interesting article. Just trying to find interesting Linux articles adn to write something about them. Been kind of slacking of in the past few months as a news poster. Want to try to post more, but I find it hard to find something and to write about it lol.

FWIW - I find your posts and articles informative. I just wonder how you find the time to do anything non-Linuxy!

FWIW - I find your posts and articles informative. I just wonder how you find the time to do anything non-Linuxy!

Glad to hear that smile.png Stuff I do that's non-Linuxy is watching movies in the movie theater and at home under Linux of course. And going out for a drink with friends.

And I train

two times a week :D

And I try to play/do as much with linux as I can do get better. But there's so much I want to do/learn. It's kind of hard to decide what I want to do. I want to get back

to my old schedule like before. Weekends for projects, week evening nights for material learning/practicing. But I really want to get a job in the Linux field in maybe a

few years and I also want to take that LPI-1 exam. I just think Linux is fun, but at the same time it's annoying when getting stuck on something a long time, but then

again you learn from it. Been stuck a while ago on my home-server. Going to try to get my prox-filter running again, and it has two network cards. Well now you see

again by me writing this. Too much to do too little time tongue.png