lionhearth182

joli os issue...

Hello to the linux community, i'm new on this forums and i hope that somebody help me in a small problem i have whit joli os.

First of all i recently install for the fist time linux mint 14 nadia in my notebook, while i was searching in the web about it, i found that joli os can be installed like another desktop environment for ubuntu, i try it.

i have two problems:

1-)joli os explain that i have to install an add-on for HTML5, so that i can play mp3,mp4... and the other formats not supported,then i did it and reset, and it didn't work.

2-)when i enter to the cinnamon desktop i notice that the pop up notification for the brigthness control change, i think is the one from joli os, can i fix this?

thanks for take the time to read, i appreciate

and i apologize if i write something wrong or anything, but english i'ts not my native language

• Like 15

Hello Lionhearth182! Welcome to the forums!

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but as far as my experience is with mint. All the video/audio codecs come with the basic installation. Have you tried paying an mp3 or mp4 with the default mint mediaplayer(VLC if I remember correctly)? What happens when you try it?

I don't get your second question, do you mean you see this? Do you mean it won't go away or what doesn't it do correctly?

• Like 3