Sign in to follow this  
tek-69

Transplant Ish

Sup Guys,

I just took the harddrive an netcard from my old box and put it into a 1ghz hp box. it the only

harddrive and it went smoothly sorta. For some reason my comp wont shutdown from a gui side. when i logout it brings me to the login screen when i click shutdown it trys and come back to the same screen.

thoughts? ideas? have i givin enough info ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

have fun,

tek

My harddrive used to not be able to shut down from gui. I would have to go to lengths to get it to shut down peacefully, but when it went through the text-displaying process, it gave a couple kernel errors about inability to flush idde devices... or something. I solved it by auctually screwing the drive in place securely, and it hasn't acted up since. It might or might not help for you, but it's worth a check.

i wish it was that simple, unfortunatly though i have no way to verify it, i think maybe x or kde got messed up, alot of things arent working now, like the hardware browser, and synaptic. plus the cdr drive seems to work but alas no sound now. i seem to have done a serious number on it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this