Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Problems with Fedora Core 1
Fedora saw and properly used my soundcard upon setup and first boot but as soon as I rebooted, it stopped working giving the error it cant initialize some module insmod or somehting in one of hte systems drivers folders. The cars is a Sound Blaster Audigy... if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
It now talks about a module named souncore already existing, about how it cant initalize it
error message: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-12somehtingsomehtingg/kernel/drivers/sound/soundcore.o failed
Yeah, I was having a similiar problem. I just installed Fedora Core 1 and upon first boot, the message about being unable to initialize the sound module for my Sound Blaster popped up. It's possible that Fedora never had the sound module (driver) for our particular sound card models and inserted a wrong one. This is my best guess, but better hand this on to the experts... I'd like to know why this is happening too. o_O

Heh. I consider anyone who even HAS sound working lucky...

So far, I CAN'T GET MY DAMN YAMAHA OPL CARD to work. But hey, maybe Ephiphany will download things (ftp's) instead of displaying them! (Konquerer)