Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ola!

Hi everyone,

My name is Sam. I live in Canada and I have been a Windows, Mac OS X user all my life and I am trying to change my life by getting into the Open Source area. I have a background in Web Development. I also work for a publishing company on the side called Imagination here in Canada. I play music, and at this point I am working on a new album. Nothing fancy, don't have the money to go big :(, but oh well... I want to switch to linux and I was looking for a community that would be help full and at the same time nice... i find this place pleasant after reading some posts. So here I am... good day to everyone!

Peace,

Sam

Welcome to the forums, its always nice to hear from the new members ;)

You should find that the transition from OSX > Linux will be a bit easier than the more common Windows > Linux. In fact by using OSX .. you are already IN the Open Source community! We have a few Canadians here already so you will fit right in. Hope you enjoy our forums, make yourself at home!

You will find that a lot of us spend time on IRC - #linux-noob on EFNet, so you chat to us in 'real time' if you want too, yay :)