Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lo everybody

lo guys,

been using fedora core 5 (or linux for that matter) for 3 weeks now.

i'll give some background on myself:

i'm 25 years old, live in Israel.

Currently a student, second year, on way to achive Electronic Engineering B.Sc degree.

i've been into coding/programming for over 10 years - mostly into PHP coding, with quite good knowledge of all related to webmaster design skills (php, mysql, html, dhtml, javascript, vbscript, flash, tcl, perl, asp, etc.).

among other of my internet activity i act as support staff @ vbulletin coding community called vbh (www.vbhackers.com) - my nick there is my real name "Idan".

got to say nothing beats linux power [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif[/img]

atm i use FC5 though i was thinking maybe in future to swicth to gentoo distro. guess will do that when i'll gain enough skills & master some stuff i need :).

only downside to linux i see atm is that sometimes a very specific hardware can give you hard time to setup & config your box to support it, unlike "windows" which is more plug-n-play (pray :P ) but i guess when you make it works after all it's worth time spent.

cheers ;)

thanks for the intro Obione and welcome to the forums !

ps. Fedora rocks :)

and this server runs on it !

cheers

anyweb

Welkome Idan, so tell us... why did you leave? Wind[bl]ows, just curious lol:D

Linux is great, :) been using linux 1.5 years, it was tough to start off. but i'm fairly comfortable, on archlinux ATMo.

Quote:Welkome Idan, so tell us... why did you leave? Wind[bl]ows, just curious lol:DLinux is great, :) been using linux 1.5 years, it was tough to start off. but i'm fairly comfortable, on archlinux ATMo.

well, i left windows since i know window sucks (it does, but we all know that already i guess :P ), and wanted to gain more coding & programming skills. i think the linux native terminal (bash or other shells) is everything one can want from scripting - unlike the "poor" command prompt with very limited coding abilities.

the ability to pipe 1 cmd output as other cmd input is really great & valueable thing, in addition to really abling to config the system the way you want, to run smoothly & fast, without the need of "heavy" kid GUI to play with.

also i'm trying to get more skills in everything related to computer security, to be able to secure your box the best way you can.

welcome! .. ooooo nice avatar!
welcome to the forum :)

Quote:well, i left windows since i know window sucks (it does, but we all know that already i guess :P ), and wanted to gain more coding & programming skills. i think the linux native terminal (bash or other shells) is everything one can want from scripting - unlike the "poor" command prompt with very limited coding abilities.the ability to pipe 1 cmd output as other cmd input is really great & valueable thing, in addition to really abling to config the system the way you want, to run smoothly & fast, without the need of "heavy" kid GUI to play with.

also i'm trying to get more skills in everything related to computer security, to be able to secure your box the best way you can.

yes very lovely avatar...:) , dude! it's sweet, awesome... , in..kredible..lol

mkdir /head

mount /dev/head1 /head

cd /head

find | grep brain