Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting iPod songs?
I was just wondering if there was an alternative way of exporting songs from my iPod Nano and putting them on my Linux machine... Without using GTKpod? I have alot of difficulty installing it for some reason.
You could try using amaroK which has an interface to work with Ipods.

Quote:You could try using amaroK which has an interface to work with Ipods.

...I said exporting. amaroK does not support it. I know that because I use it with Kubuntu.

Quote:...I said exporting. amaroK does not support it. I know that because I use it with Kubuntu.

Ah true but it needs to be mounted to make amaroK work .. so why not just manually copy from /mnt/ipod .. not perfect but it would work?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="8505" data-ipsquote-username="KingOfKings" data-cite="KingOfKings" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="2311" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>...I said exporting. amaroK does not support it. I know that because I use it with Kubuntu.

Ah true but it needs to be mounted to make amaroK work .. so why not just manually copy from /mnt/ipod .. not perfect but it would work?

</div></blockquote>

No because songs are not put on the iPod as a whole when using iTunes. They are cut into several files and given numerous names. Luckily I was watching G4's Call for Help last night and found this...

YamiPod

I just threw that onto Windows, exported the songs, and then used Samba to put them onto Linux. Tadaa!