Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Desktop

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="8489" data-ipsquote-username="znx" data-cite="znx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="2309" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
I find that I can copy and paste fine .. try this technique...
  • Select text with left click

• Move mouse to section you wish to paste in

• Middle click and it should paste.

If you don't have a middle click .. you can click both left and right at the same time.

This is a general copy'n'paste method for Xorg.

Nope, that didn't wanna work for me :(

Quote:how about running windows vncserver on the windows box and use vncviewer on the linux box to connect remotely, 

that might do what you want, but i cannot confirm it as i havnt tried it

cheers

anyweb

Thanks for the suggestion, will try that next. Another issue that I've just realised, that if I connect, it boots me off (on the desktop) so i'm connected on the laptop. I did want it to be done so both the laptop and desktop could see the same screen. *thinks* that I need some server solution for my desktop, goes to hunt! :)

</div></blockquote>

If you want to not log out of your windows desktop, then you definately wanna setup vnc server on your windows box and use vnc viewer on your linux box to see your windows desktop. It won't boot off the user logged on that computer. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't copy and paste stuff off of your windows machine and put it onto your linux machine(that's how I understood your earlier question.) I use vnc quite often at work and never seen an option to do this.

Ooops forgot about this post.

Yes that is what I wanted to do and sadly it seems that I can't do it :( Nee worry, i've just had to set up another base computer that will handle it, it'll just mean I'll have to be less lazy and go type at its keyboard! :P:)

Cheers all :)

ive just tested using vncviewer on a linux box (SLED 10) to a windows xp home box running vncserver,

once I had established my connection to the winxp box, i THEN copied some text from the terminal on the linux box, and then right clicked on the windows xp box, and chose 'paste'.

worked fine as you can see below

cheers

anyweb

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1158843715.png" data-fileid="654">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1158843715.png[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_26.png (Size: 921.03 KB / Downloads: 0)