Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight problem with installing GNOME Commander

Thanks for that, I did run that in the bin folder and I've have got a lil bit further but...

After all the above is done and I unlock the de-renamer file, I then CD to my folder that has my images and type: de-renamer funkyevent and I get back: ls: [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]: No such file or directory

:( There are about 20 images in there, and they even show up when I type ls in terminal. Any idea's? :)

Quote:There are about 20 images in there, and they even show up when I type ls in terminal.

Ah .. you couldn't have given me the correct name.. it is looking for a file that is ONLY numbers, I see you say "images" .. so it will have an extension (like .jpg or .gif) ..

Give me a better example and I will show you what to alter to make it work.

Oh, my apologise's for not making myself clear...

Its images files and they are named as : dscf0264.jpg, dscf0265.jpg, dscf0266.jpg etc :)But if I can, I want to re-number them to a date and chosen file name, then order them in number order. So like I want the final result to look like: 07052006_whatever_001.jpg, 07052006_whatever_002.jpg, 07052006_whatever_003. jpg etc :)

Quote:Oh, my apologise's for not making myself clear... 

Its images files and they are named as : dscf0264.jpg, dscf0265.jpg, dscf0266.jpg etc :)But if I can, I want to re-number them to a date and chosen file name, then order them in number order. So like I want the final result to look like: 07052006_whatever_001.jpg, 07052006_whatever_002.jpg, 07052006_whatever_003. jpg etc :)

OK! reworking what i had

Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ $# -ne 1 ]
then
echo "$0 event"
exit
fi

date=`date +%d%m%Y`  #DDMMYYYY
event=$1

# DSCF0000.JPG   variants of filenames accepted
# dscf0000.jpg
for p in `ls {dscf,DSCF}[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].{jpg,JPG}`
do
numbers=`echo $p | sed 's/^dscf//i'`
mv -i $p ${date}_${event}_${file}.jpg
done

Ok, I switch the date style... and added the ability to see the files you want.. :)

Should do it now.. fingers crossed ;)

Oh .. renumber! I didn't do that .. er we can do that too :P (it is just using the existing numbers)

The above stuff .. does

1233 -> 1233 it will not renumber it .. so

. this is the same thing .. but this time renumbering too!

Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ $# -ne 1 ]
then
echo "$0 event"
exit
fi

date=`date +%d%m%Y`
event=$1
start=1

for p in `ls {dscf,DSCF}[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].{jpg,JPG}`
do
file=`printf "%03u" $num`
mv -i $p ${date}_${event}_${file}.jpg
let "num = num + 1"
done

:):):):):)
BINGO!!
:):):):):):):)

Finally worked! YAY! I'm so pleased! Your a genius!!! :):D:D I used the bottom code as I want them in number order. THANKS AGAIN, your a star!!! :)

Made my head spin a bit, I got there in the end tho :)

Quote:BINGO!!

:)