Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems with compiling

Hi im trying to set up(chessd) a chess server on my linux suse 10.0 box :)now i have some compiling problems i have installed gcc and gcc++ i have also installed some packages needed for those compilers including libpqxx the chess server is working with postgreSQL.this is what happens

checking for ld used by g++... /usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld

checking if the linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes

checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes

checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC

checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes

checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate

checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes

checking for shl_load... (cached) no

checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no

checking for dlopen... (cached) no

checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes

checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes

checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes

appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool

checking for main in -lc... yes

checking for main in -lm... yes

checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... no

Required libpq library missing!

anyone have some ideas how to solve this? /Richard

How did you start the configure process? Is there a 'build.sh'? If yes, try it. When compiling stuff you mostly need the -devel libraries, too, so check whether they're installed (libpqxx-devel, for example).

Quote:How did you start the configure process? Is there a 'build.sh'? If yes, try it. When compiling stuff you mostly need the -devel libraries, too, so check whether they're installed (libpqxx-devel, for example).
thanx for the tip about devel i checked the dependencies when i installed gcc and gcc++ but devel wasnt mentioned and i couldnt find a file called libpqxx in my search in the yast tool but then i checked a dvd i got with my distribution and found it.. now it all works fine :)the last thing to fix is som configurations for postgreSQL / Richard