Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
apache/mod_ssl problem

I can get to your test page, so it's not a problem there.

Could you copy your index.php to "start.php" and bring that up? Just wonder if something is causing a redirect to fire upon a request of the DirectoryIndex page.

Nope it won't bring up start.php. So maybe it's not able to read the php/mysql any more for some reason.

One thing I do remember though is that a while back. I made copy of the site database. Renamed the original

but then the problem was that joomla couldn't find the database mentioned in it's configuration. And even after

changing it via editing a text file it wouldn't find it. That's the only thing I can think of that might have effected

the site database. But I changed the name back to the old name and the rights on the database never changed.

And the site was working again, but then if that would have been a problem it shouldn't have worked anymore

then either. Cuz I don't think the site database saves that the site is running on https.

drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 12288 Jan 4 12:30 feedmebits_nl

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 10485760 Jan 19 23:11 ibdata1

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Jan 19 23:11 ib_logfile0

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Nov 25 14:18 ib_logfile1

drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 4096 Nov 25 14:18 mysql

srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 0 Jan 19 23:11 mysql.sock

drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 4096 Nov 25 14:18 test

drwx------ 2 mysql mysql 20480 Jan 10 16:16 vanderrijst_site

I would think on my other site vanderrijst_site db mysql only has rights and no other group. That site works

and my site feedmebits_nl db has the same rights. So it shouldn't be a rights problem.

try a basic:

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

in "diag.php" and see if that gets parsed.

check this out:

http://vanderrijst.eu/test.php

https://feedmebits.nl/test.php

So it's not php causing the problem. I'm really starting to think that maybe the database got corrupted some how.

Cuz html works on the other site php/mysql has no problem. It's not cache problem, not php problem and not a rights problem.

And has the sameresults from both my pc and your pc and from my work pc. Wouldn't you think?

btw I'm take those files offline. exposes too much info if hackers happened to come across it. for info about my webserver

I think I'm going to reinstall my whole feedmebits.nl site this weekend. If it works then I'll know for sure that my database was corrupt. But is there anyway to fix a mysql database?

Or do you have any other ideas about that Dave? Cuz I think we pretty much narrowed it down to that? But on the other hand I do want to just fix it without reinstalling, then I'll learn

something from it. But I can't think of anything else anymore now.

Quote:I think I'm going to reinstall my whole feedmebits.nl site this weekend.
Ouch - that may remove the problem, but it won't tell you what caused the issue.

Quote:If it works then I'll know for sure that my database was corrupt.
Not certain it does indicate that!

Quote: But is there anyway to fix a mysql database?
There are various commands and utilities, but they require knowing what database problem exists before applying the fix. What evidence can you show that it's a database problem?

Quote:But on the other hand I do want to just fix it without reinstalling, then I'll learnsomething from it. But I can't think of anything else anymore now.
At the very least, consider migrating all your content to another vhost and seeing if it works there - that will distinguish between a coding issue and a vhost issue.

Thanks for that information. I'm going to figure out a plan like you said and then do a different setup. And then try to recreate the problem.
lol nice to read up on an old post. Learned alot since then :)