Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wallpaper Changer Wally
Ever get tired of looking at the same wallpaper for days, tired of having to change it yourself? Well, I did and I went to search for a solution. I came across good wallpaper changer. There are deb, rpm, and even dmg packages available for installation. All you have to do is install the package and you are ready to go. What configuration options are there? You can set it to automatically change your wallpapers x minutes, x seconds, x hours. You can select how you want them display: scaled, centred or scaled and cropped,etc. You can select folders and sub folders from your local pc. Still feeling lazy? and don't want to search for wallpapers yourself? No worries there's a setting for that too. Where you can select google or yahoo and several others images hosters too to load wallpapers from key search words or phrases. Here's the link to Wally if you want to get started :)
Mmm.. I used crebs before. Will have to look into Wally.

Quote:Mmm.. I used crebs before. Will have to look into Wally.

I forgot about crebs, still want to try that one out too. Only thing about wally is that you have to start it up each time before it's active.

I don't know how it compares to crebs, but I'll try it out to find out.

crebs is just an editor - it creates the XML files that the normal desktop rotating saver uses.

Quote:crebs is just an editor - it creates the XML files that the normal desktop rotating saver uses.

I think I'll just try crebs on one of my virtual systems and see how it works. I'm actually very satisfied with how Wally works :)

I have you tried it yet?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="15659" data-ipsquote-username="Dungeon-Dave" data-cite="Dungeon-Dave" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1323202918" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4230" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
crebs is just an editor - it creates the XML files that the normal desktop rotating saver uses.

I think I'll just try crebs on one of my virtual systems and see how it works. I'm actually very satisfied with how Wally works :)

I have you tried it yet?

not yet - another project for when I get some time over Christmas!

</div></blockquote>