Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turn verify by admin back on in General please
Please turn verify by admin on in general please. Those spammers are annoying the hell out of me. It's getting worse and worse [img]<___base_url___>//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img]
Re-enabled for now. We'll see how this progresses. Thanks for all your spam reports.

Quote:Re-enabled for now. We'll see how this progresses. Thanks for all your spam reports.

Awesome :)

No problem, I hate spammers and I don't like reading it. I enjoy reporting them.

He's a good spam-hunter, I'll give him that!

[Image: boom-headshot.jpg]

Thanks for the compliment :)

well, I got to a point where I checked the abuse reports before the "New Content" since you were quick on the reporting!

Good work there, lad.

Quote:well, I got to a point where I checked the abuse reports before the "New Content" since you were quick on the reporting!

Good work there, lad.

haha thx mate :)

I have an idea though. Isn't it possible that you have to make at least 10 posts before your posts doesn't have to get approved by an admin.

and same for status and posting links. Spammers only post 1-3 posts and spam status updates?

Hybrid's got this one in hand on that front - ta for that!

Quote:haha thx mate :) 

I have an idea though. Isn't it possible that you have to make at least 10 posts before your posts doesn't have to get approved by an admin.

and same for status and posting links. Spammers only post 1-3 posts and spam status updates?

Quite possible to do this -- but we need to fully test the impact this has on new members first. Some of the messages that users get when they hit these limits aren't very user-friendly, and the last thing we'd want to do is put off legitimate users!

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to prevent status updates until a certain post threshold is released.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="15395" data-ipsquote-username="feedmebits" data-cite="feedmebits" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1320450670" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4195" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>haha thx mate :) 

Quite possible to do this -- but we need to fully test the impact this has on new members first. Some of the messages that users get when they hit these limits aren't very user-friendly, and the last thing we'd want to do is put off legitimate users!

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to prevent status updates until a certain post threshold is released.

</div></blockquote>

I agree, just trying to think of ways to get rid or reduce these annoying spammers.