Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD Burning

How Can I Burn iso images with Slackare 10 ? [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif[/img]

Other posting inserted by z0ny:

Quote:i was trying to burn image with cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=1,0,0 -data /root/cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=1,0,0 -data /root/proggrams/install-x86-universal-2004.1.iso 

and this is error

Cdrecord 2.00.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright

I moved your initial question from the other thread to this one. Please do not crosspost. o_O

Do you pass "hd?=ide-scsi" (e.g. hdc=ide-scsi) to your bootloader? Please paste the results of 'dmesg|grep -i scsi', 'lsmod|grep ide' and 'lsmod|grep sg'. If the last two commands don't give any result try to 'modprobe ide-scsi' and 'modprobe sg'. Now try 'cdrecord -scanbus' again. Do you have SCSI support enabled in your kernel (IDE burners are emulated through SCSI)? /dev/pg is a parallel port device if I recall correctly.

z0ny

Quote:How Can I Burn iso images with Slackare 10 ?  [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif[/img] 

Other posting inserted by z0ny:

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="887" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i was trying to burn image with cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=1,0,0 -data /root/cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=1,0,0 -data /root/proggrams/install-x86-universal-2004.1.iso 

and this is error

Cdrecord 2.00.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright
</div></blockquote>

Yo zony,

i have the same problem as this other kid but i use fedcore1. I followed the directions u posted anyway and they helped. now though i'm getting a new error message.

Code:
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a19 (i686-redhat-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Jrg Schilling
scsidev: '1,0,0'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
Error trying to open /dev/scd0 exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.
bailing out..
-bash-2.05b#

these are the results of the other tests you asked about.

Code:
-bash-2.05b# lsmod|grep ide
ide-scsi               11984   0
scsi_mod              107080   4  [sr_mod usb-storage sg ide-scsi]
ide-cd                 35488   0
cdrom                  33216   0  [sr_mod ide-cd]
-bash-2.05b# lsmod|grep sg
sg                     35852   0  (autoclean)
scsi_mod              107080   4  [sr_mod usb-storage sg ide-scsi]

any ideas as to what i should do next ?

Is it possible that /dev/scd0 is mounted? If something has /dev/scd0 locked, the command 'lsof /dev/scd0' should show what's holding it up. If lsof isn't installed, Freshmeat or Google should help you find it. Also, what was the output from 'cdrecord --scanbus'?