Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using LCD and linux = bAD! :/
iam trying to install redhat linux 9.0 and i have a samsung SyncMaster 172S lcd, and i first tried to install the graphic version but that didnt work so i tried the text version that worked fine, but when i boot up the sytem just freezed anyone now what to do ? :P

you may need to altre your xfree86 settings by manual, try to use lower resolltion like 800x600 and boot to graphical.

I'm useing 18" LCD, 1280x1024. works fine on here. i also select the "Generic LCD1280x1024" type of monior when i was in the installation setup. it works fine to me. I think you shoul try to use 800x600 once it work. try 1024 x 768..

configure the graphic in console is: XFree86

something like XFree86 xfree86.conf or so. not sure. try on search, i'm sure it will tells you how to do it.

hope this help ya.

redhat-config-xfree86 will allow you to pick the correct video card and monitor type

go for a generic LCD panel as vemon already suggested and make sure it is @ the resolution that your LCD is designed for

cheers

anyweb

but i when i choose graphic installation, my computer just freezez and the mouse stops and i cant do anything. so i cant choose what kind of monitor i will use.

don't you think that means you need to use text install and setup X after?

I do

Quote:redhat-config-xfree86 will allow you to pick the correct video card and monitor type 

go for a generic LCD panel as vemon already suggested and make sure it is @ the resolution that your LCD is designed for

cheers

anyweb

I just got a new LCD monitor and I'm having some issues with it. It's working but not quite right. I tried redhat-config-xfree86 but I don't seem to have that on my fc5 system. Is there something similar that I could use?

in fedora core 5 try

Code:
system-config-display

it's been that way since Fedora core release 2

Quote:Fedora Core release 2 was noticeable because it replaced XFree86 with Xorg and in addition it introduced an implementation of Selinux to the masses (installed by default but disabled). It's also worth mentioning that this release of Fedora continued in the move away from Red Hat being ever present in the OS by renaming all those 'redhat-config-xxx' commands to 'system-config-xxx'. However, the Red Hat logo was still clearly visible in the Gnome menu.

[/url][url=http://linux-noob.com/review/fedora/fcrh]http://linux-noob.com/review/fedora/fcrh

cheers

anyweb

I'm not sure exactly why, but for some reason I don't have a lot of the system-config packages. I'm at work and installing them remotely, so I'll try it out as soon as I get home. I'll keep ya's posted. Hopefully eveything will go good.

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.