Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD of Knoppix
There is only one CD of knoppix, it seem small there also, i dunno if it got x. i think i might tryout myself on Vitural Machine on windows. to see how it goes. and will post some more information about it :)

Vemon,

just burn the CD and boot from the CD

it doesnt write to your hard disc at ll, thats the idea of knoppix, its entirely CD based, you CAN however save your 'preferences' direct to a USB key for later retrieval :)

so no need to test it in windows, just boot from the cd and yes it has X installed, gnome and kde :)

and loads of other stuff too

try it out, you will be amazed

cheers

anyweb

use phlak if you want a liveCD. knoppix is very bloated. For some reason they have 3 pdf readers. Why do you need 3. phlak takes out all the junk and makes it better.

It boots right into X also

I've test Knoppix myself, it pretty slow here and the colour depth is low, it seem like 8bit or a 16bit. resolution is alright.

at least it works, running the X without any problem. It load the KDE not Gnome :( oh well. it fully function, network, driver etc works fine.

for me to use, i wouldn't use it because it slow. i think it would be cool if the linux screw up and boot from the cd to fix it. i don't know if this possible.

Here I've took the screenshot of it.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074212719.gif" data-fileid="37">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074212719.gif[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.gif   Knoppix.gif (Size: 336.31 KB / Downloads: 0)

you can easily force knoppix to boot into gnome or change the resolution or color depth

press F2 at the boot screen for help options and command line arguments

cheers

anyweb

ah, didn't know about the F2 for more option. Hmm, i'll try that and take other screenshot of Gnome on Knoppix :)

it alright but i wouldn't use for personal because it slow.

Hmm, Nice, Knoppix have meny desktops. KDE, Fluxbox, icewm, wmaker, twm and xfce. There is no Gnome :(

here another screenshot of Knoppix under XFCE.

more comming soon :)i like testing other distro.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074273178.gif" data-fileid="40">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074273178.gif[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.gif   Knoppix_xfce.gif (Size: 103.42 KB / Downloads: 0)

This one is Fluxbox

to load different desktop use:

boot: knoppix desktop=fluxbox

<enter>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074273814.gif" data-fileid="41">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074273814.gif[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.gif   Knoppix_fluxbox.gif (Size: 27.31 KB / Downloads: 0)

iceWM dekstop.

texts doesn't seem clear :(

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074274073.gif" data-fileid="42">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-48-1074274073.gif[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.gif   Knoppix_icewm.gif (Size: 20.77 KB / Downloads: 0)