Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my car

finally today i removed the wiper blade (swinging arm) and pulled the cover off the blower motor. It was a tough job but i eventually got the blower motor out and now i can see why it failed so badly, the brushes that are supposed to contact the metal cylinder have come loose (snapped off) which explains the helicopter like sound death knell before the blower motor finally failed. I'll post some photos of the broken part soon, need to get a new motor and i'll install it and then hopefully have a working heating system in the car again :)

cool !

cheers

anyweb

hehe... nice to see that your making progress... dont forget to mention your good friend Kristian who helped you with installing the radio :)

Keep updating, and post new pics when something changes....

/Kris

yeah thanks kristian for your help with the car :)

ok !

today or rather this evening i changed the front left disc pads,

easy enough on a new car or a car that's in good condition, but this one took brute force to release the 4 bolts and then getting the brake pads back in again.... those springs are tough :)!

rust rust rust !! and total neglect

oh well, i'm happy because now i know what to expect from the front left side as well

heres some pics of the work, taken late at nite after i finished the job

cheers

anyweb

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1082062878.jpg" data-fileid="101">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1082062878.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   april_2004_354.jpg (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 134)

more..

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1082063008.jpg" data-fileid="102">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1082063008.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   april_2004_355.jpg (Size: 1.03 MB / Downloads: 137)

and...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1082063341.jpg" data-fileid="103">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1082063341.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   april_2004_359.jpg (Size: 1,018.36 KB / Downloads: 138)
It would seem to me that you rather enjoy working on cars hehe, myself I am not good with machanics so I really hope you do enjoy it :)Aslo is that a giant oil spill in this last picture you posted? looks like the oil spilled all over the drivway lol. Anyway m8 hope all goes good for your project :)good luck...

i do enjoy it and as this car is officially 'off the road' i can take my time with it so its kinda a hobby for me :)

the stain isnt oil, its water from pressure spraying the underside of the wheel arch before i change the disk brake pad :)

cheers

anyweb

update:

been a while since ive done anything with the car, i was planning on taking the back left wheel off but... it didnt want to come off, three of the bolts were screwed in at an angle which meant they could not be removed by normal means

so claes has to help me with his welding machine, it was a big job, welding steel onto the bolts to provide the missing grip and then heating the bolts so much so that they eventually all turned,

now they are all loose i can go about attempting to fix the back handbrakes ! coming soon :)

also, i thought the car had no power steering, it's obvious i know nothing about cars because it DOES have power steering, the power steering fluid container was just empty !

so we had a drop (claes did) of fluid, poured it in, and wow, power steering

heh

cheers

anyweb

good to see that progress is still being made on "the car" - thats the official name of it now, it no longer the "merc", its now "the car" :P but hey thats a cool name, just remember it till when your going to paint it someday :)

Cool about the power steering! It must handle so much better/easy.

Anyway keep working, i'll look forward to a test drive when im back home, whenever that will be? :PB)

Cya,

/Kris

ive now setup a separate page detailing the cars progress here

have a look !

just ordered a new heater blower motor from a merc dealer and 4 new hubcabs

i'll get them sometime next week and cant wait to install the heater :)and the hub caps

i think it'll make a big difference to the car but... its expensive as its the real dealers stuff...

:(

but i gotta fix the car up !

cheers

anyweb