Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my car

check it out, ive just taken the dashboard out ...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072222595.jpg" data-fileid="15">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072222595.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   december_206.jpg (Size: 1.13 MB / Downloads: 164)

heres the steering wheel and dashboard before i removed it hehe....

notice the CRACKS in the dashboard, they are all over it... thats part of the reason its coming out :/

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072222775.jpg" data-fileid="16">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072222775.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   december_209.jpg (Size: 787.87 KB / Downloads: 162)

i like the radio :)its cost more than the car nearly lol, well no not really !

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072223029.jpg" data-fileid="17">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072223029.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   december_212.jpg (Size: 749.42 KB / Downloads: 159)

heres the dashboard removed

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072223244.jpg" data-fileid="18">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/post-1-1072223244.jpg[/img]</a>

Attached Files
.jpg   december_230.jpg (Size: 760.99 KB / Downloads: 162)
Looks like a fun project. What exactly are you doing to the car?

im going to repair what i can repair bit by bit and slowy,

theres a lot wrong with it, and it was in bits when i got it, so im starting with the dashboard, that needs replacing,

once its replaced i'll also replace the now dead heater motor, so those two are kind of hand in hand,

after they are done i'll post some new pics :)

i love this car, really cheap to buy and fun to work with ! :)

its just for fun really :)

cheers

anyweb

ah, well good luck to yah. It looks like a little fun project. ;)

update:

in the last week or so i've fixed the electric heated seating in the front, the problem with them was the switches were clogged with dirt and so could not do anything, so i disassembled the switches completely cleaned them in warm water and a toothbrush with some mild detergent, and then dried them and blew all dirt out.

I then oiled the steel contacts within and put them back together again, they work great now

the electrical sunroof was a bit harder, i had to get at the motor which was hidden away in the boot area, very hard to get at, but i removed all bolts holding it in and manhandled a lever connected to the bottom of the motor, doing that for about 5 minutes and moving the motor around seems to have cleared whatever blockage/jam that was there, and lo and behold the sunroof opens now, once i opened it i cleaned the sliding edges and oiled them.

great stuff :)

...what's on the floorboard on the passenger side in those pics....?
you mean the white lamp ?