Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please insert Disk1 or type it's location.:

Hi All

Recently i have installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)Kernel 2.6.18-128.el5PAE on an i686. when i am trying to install a product on this box at the end of installtion it is displayed the below message

===============================================================================

Installing...

-------------

[==================|==================|==================|==================]

[------------------|------------------|------------------|--------------------- Insert New Media ----

Please insert Disk1 or type it's location.

The product build is an iso and mounted using mount commend

"mount -o loop <ISO location> <Destination>"

would any one help me out on trouble shoot this problem

All my Product log files are fine.

What all the OS files i have to verify to fix this kind of problem.

Regards

Divakar

Quote:Hi All

Recently i have installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)Kernel 2.6.18-128.el5PAE on an i686. when i am trying to install a product on this box at the end of installtion it is displayed the below message

Installing...

-------------

[------------------|------------------|------------------|--------------------- Insert New Media ----

Regards

Divakar

What do you mean by 'install a product'? What exactly is it that you are installing?

If you have mounted the ISO in Destination, would that not be what you must type in at the prompt you are getting?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="14139" data-ipsquote-username="Divakar" data-cite="Divakar" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1275020635" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
Hi All

Installing...

-------------

Regards

Divakar

What do you mean by 'install a product'? What exactly is it that you are installing?

If you have mounted the ISO in Destination, would that not be what you must type in at the prompt you are getting?

</div></blockquote>

Hi Hybrid ...

Thanks for your quick responds ...

As i am working in QA team and i need to perform functional testing for a product developed by our organization. i said 'Install a Product' in the contest of installing our product in LINUX.

When i type the Destination [/i/product dir or installer] it is not taking the information.

The above mentioned information [insert New Media ----Please insert Disk1 or type it's location.] is displayed after the end of the product installation. As we have recently installed RHEL on one of our server and performing the installation.

Any suggestions ........

Regards

Divakar

Quote:Hi Hybrid ... Thanks for your quick responds ...

As i am working in QA team and i need to perform functional testing for a product developed by our organization. i said 'Install a Product' in the contest of installing our product in LINUX.

When i type the Destination [/i/product dir or installer] it is not taking the information.

The above mentioned information [insert New Media ----Please insert Disk1 or type it's location.] is displayed after the end of the product installation. As we have recently installed RHEL on one of our server and performing the installation.

Any suggestions ........

Regards

Divakar

Unfortunately, if this is a custom written application, I can't look into what might be causing the error, so I don't think there is much I can really suggest. You would really need to get in touch directly with those that have written the application and see if they could help track down where this error is arising and where the fix might be.

The one thing I would ask is -- have you succeeded in running this app on any other Linux systems? If so, it is likely that it is just this machine or this particular configuration.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="14149" data-ipsquote-username="Divakar" data-cite="Divakar" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1275279273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi Hybrid ... Thanks for your quick responds ...

Any suggestions ........

Regards

Divakar

Unfortunately, if this is a custom written application, I can't look into what might be causing the error, so I don't think there is much I can really suggest. You would really need to get in touch directly with those that have written the application and see if they could help track down where this error is arising and where the fix might be.

The one thing I would ask is -- have you succeeded in running this app on any other Linux systems? If so, it is likely that it is just this machine or this particular configuration.

</div></blockquote>

Hi ....

Yes in other Linux systems we could able to install the Application and Application is running successfully.

In the current box we have installed OS and started installing the Application. Our Application will create a folder in /opt dir with the Application name. The Application directory under /opt is not full because the installation is not completed. And the install.log file in /tmp is created and i could not see any errors.

Any way we have conveyed the message to the respective Developer and waiting for there reply.

As of now no reply. :-( .

SO i may re install the OS and will try once again ... let me see how my luck works ...

what i thought was, the problem might get resolved by changing some boot options.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="14150" data-ipsquote-username="hybrid" data-cite="hybrid" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1275313238" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="14149" data-ipsquote-username="Divakar" data-cite="Divakar" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1275279273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi Hybrid ... Thanks for your quick responds ...

Any suggestions ........

Regards

Divakar

</div></blockquote>

Hi ....

Yes in other Linux systems we could able to install the Application and Application is running successfully.

In the current box we have installed OS and started installing the Application. Our Application will create a folder in /opt dir with the Application name. The Application directory under /opt is not full because the installation is not completed. And the install.log file in /tmp is created and i could not see any errors.

Any way we have conveyed the message to the respective Developer and waiting for there reply.

As of now no reply. :-( .

SO i may re install the OS and will try once again ... let me see how my luck works ...

what i thought was, the problem might get resolved by changing some boot options.

</div></blockquote>

Thanks a lot for your reply ....