Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting to ubuntu

hi,

now im using compaq presario v3000 with os vista basic with service pack 1, i wanna set to dual boot with ubuntu, however, i have tried running the live cd of ubuntu 6.04 and my wireless network and sound doesnt work. i tried all the guide from the forums and the internet, but im stuck at cabextract step. i have download the driver from the internet but the terminal cant find the file. it keeps saying that the file not found while the file is really there. please help me by giving any link or step for super noob how to handle that. thank you

Quote:hi,now im using compaq presario v3000 with os vista basic with service pack 1, i wanna set to dual boot with ubuntu, however, i have tried running the live cd of ubuntu 6.04 and my wireless network and sound doesnt work. i tried all the guide from the forums and the internet, but im stuck at cabextract step. i have download the driver from the internet but the terminal cant find the file. it keeps saying that the file not found while the file is really there. please help me by giving any link or step for super noob how to handle that. thank you

What is the make and model of your wireless card and sound card? This information should be able to be obtained from Device Manager within Windows.

Also, what specific errors are you getting from the terminal? Can you take a screenshot of the problems, transfer it over to your Windows system and post it here?