Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just new to this Linux world
Hello everybody, I just switched to gentoo linux after using windows for all my life (And having just a little bit of experience, but not much, with Debian and Ubuntu). A friend introduced me to gentoo; but he told me, and he's right, that I should figure out problems and all that myself googling problems and all that. He helped me learn things I didn't even have a clue about, and he gave me some helping hands throughout the installation. (At least I sort of figured out what was wrong with my wireless). But still, I'm a total noob, but I going to stick to linux because my friend convinced me to, and I want to continue. Right now I'm having a problem with USE flags; I don't know if I should discuss it here, but whatever. So, I hope I succeed in becoming a linux noob to a pro, because there are several cool things that linux can do, if you just know how to do it, that windows can't do. Thank you all, and I just hope I become like you guys one day! [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]
By the way, my USE flag problem is the USE flag problem or something title of how to's section of the forums.

welcome to the forums !

Gentoo is a bit difficult for a noob so good luck !

i'm sure our gentoo gurus will be on soon :)

cheers

anyweb

Hello and welcome to the forums. Congrats on switching to Linux, it can be a little bumpy but stick it out, it will all come good in the end! Your friend is right, gentoo can help you learn a tonne of stuff about how Linux works (mainly because gentoo is still a little raw). Google can provide you an answer but sometimes it doesn't explain why that answer is the answer (if you understand what I mean!). Everyone is a noob in the beginning but you'll pick it up :)!

WELCOME :)