Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is my current Desktop

This is what my current desktop looks like. Running on Debian 6. After having used serveral

different Linux distributions I like Debian the most.

[Image: Debian6.png]

looks like the gnome i had yesterday ;)

so why do you use Debian ? I have used apt-get for quite a few years back when redhat and fedora hadnt got yum working, and it seemed ok, but i prefer an rpm installation any day, like centos/fedora/rh

is it the slow lifecycle change ? that much i can understand, then why not try centos ?

Quote:looks like the gnome i had yesterday ;)

so why do you use Debian ? I have used apt-get for quite a few years back when redhat and fedora hadnt got yum working, and it seemed ok, but i prefer an rpm installation any day, like centos/fedora/rh

is it the slow lifecycle change ? that much i can understand, then why not try centos ?

I do like the slow life cycle. I get tired of distros that release a new version every 6 months.

I did run CentOS for a while as Desktop, but I noticed centos is more server oriented than Desktop

and the applications that are available in Centos5 are much older than the packages in Debian 6.

And I do like my Desktop to look somewhat modern So I prefer my Desktop as Debian and my server running centos

,and the dedicated server I just ordered I'm running CentOS :)