Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what does your nick mean ?

Quote:so what would you get if you ROT13 mark ?

rot13 mark = znex .. odd :)

Quote:but why did you pick it ? are you german in some way?

"Noble Knight Man" .. :P

Quote:but why did you pick it ? are you german in some way ?

Oddly, no. Just have a strange attraction to things german. It just felt right.

Quote:Oddly, no. Just have a strange attraction to things german. It just felt right.

Get your hands off z0ny!!! ;)

Quote:Mine has no real deep meaning. In real life my name is Mark, however there was a couple of Mark's at my age of school, so I would up getting called "Mak" (sounds like Mac). If you take mak and rot13 it, you get znx. The reason for the using rot13 is that I was coding a function to do just that at the time. I have gone by various others but znx / znxster is by far the one that has stuck.

I always assumed it was znx and znxster because you can sort of pronounce znxster like your surname Sangster if you try hard enough. :)

My name comes from a project me and my friend were doing round about the time I signed up here. As it happens, said project failed, but the name hasn't changed and is sort of part of me now.

I picked Yaravi because it is my name. It is a very weird name I know.

It means melancholic songs in Inca.

the Incas were a prehispanic culture in southamerica.

Toker....

Cuz i'm picker, i'm a grinner, i'm a lover and i'm a sinner.

I play my music in the sun.

I'm a joker, i'm a smoker, i'm a midnight Toker.

Sure don't want to hurt no one.

Steve Miller Band - The Joker (Midnight Toker)

Top tune that..

The reason for my nick is simple. I love Linux and while creating this account I found the .name domain. You can do cool things there and as a IT consultant it is a good place to put my resume.

Thanks for reading my lame reason.

LinuxDotName

P.S. I will attempt to be more humorous in the future. B)

I came up with my nick after sitting at www.google.com and googling for random things and after about two hours, the name Katami was in front of me, with NO google results. Since then some anime has shown up that has a character with the middle name of Katami, which is aggravating because when people see my name; they instantly go, "OMG DO JUO LIKE TEH ANIMEZ!>!??" [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_dry.png[/img]

It was an attempt to be unique as my first nickname, "perfekt" turned out to be the same nickname as a cam-whore. [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif[/img]

1. grep is to me one of the most powerful and useful commands you will find on any version of *nix.

2. I am always trying to figure out how things work.

3. it sounds cool.