Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
debian librairies install AND xbt trouble connection refused

well ... gonna try to buld a local server and test it ...

but of coruse this will take me a month or 2, hhihiiii, lol, so many stuff to learn ...

BUT could you right now do something for me ? can i contact you by PM on here ?

You can use virtualbox to setup a local virtual test server. It's best to plan out what you want to learn. What do you want to learn? What's the goal you want to achieve?

Then research what you can find on it via google, documentation, etc and see how far you get.

Example.

I. You want to run a xbt tracker on your machine

1. You need to install the services and other related software

a. Install it from the repositories?when installing from the repos the dependecies(libraries) also get installed usually

b. Install it from source? If I need install it from source what other build packages(build-essential) do I need to install?and maybe need to install libraries manually?

2. Once I have it installed what do I need to configure? configuration file? firewall?

a. find configuration file and make needed changes?

b. configure the firewall

3. Start up the service and see if it properly starts without any error.

a. test if it works: does it work on the server locally? does it work from another machine?

b. etc.

and if I were you I wouldn't use webmin. You learn more by just using the command line.

well i know i must learn many many stuff, in order to manage my small vps, but its gonna take a long time, lolll :)

i would like to find someone who can just help me to finish my actual install, so i could start on coding the front end quickly

arrrffffffff

Quote:well i know i must learn many many stuff, in order to manage my small vps, but its gonna take a long time, lolll :)

i would like to find someone who can just help me to finish my actual install, so i could start on coding the front end quickly

arrrffffffff

SEEMS but seems only gcc, g++, c++ are ok, but i should need 4.1.2 versions, wich i dont get

What part isn't working yet?

Nginx and httpd(apache) are both webserver. Which of the two are you wanting to use?

According to the xbt tracker install information you need g++ 3.4

http://xbtt.sourceforge.net/tracker/

-----------------------------------------------

Installing under Linux

The following commands can be used to install the dependencies on Debian. The g++ version should be at least 3.4.

apt-get install cmake g++ libboost-date-time-dev libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-serialization-dev libmysqlclient15-dev make subversion zlib1g-dev

Enter the following commands in a terminal. Be patient while g++ is running, it'll take a few minutes.

svn co http://xbt.googlecod.../trunk/xbt/misc xbt/misc

svn co http://xbt.googlecod...unk/xbt/Tracker xbt/Tracker

cd xbt/Tracker

./make.sh

cp xbt_tracker.conf.default xbt_tracker.conf

As far as I can tell from that tutorial and what the official site says. Looks like you need to install the dependencies.

Setup apache as a vhost, and setup mysql and a new database.

Seems like you need the webserver for the front end and mysql for xbt tracker itself sinds you need the following in the xbt_tracker.conf

mysql_host =

mysql_user =

and looks like from build xbt via the source you'll create an executable that you can run.

morning feedmebits, well seems all packages are installed on my small vps,

i redone all more than 3 times to be sure, but here after the result ::

apt-get install cmake g++ libboost-date-time-dev libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-serialization-dev libmysqlclient15-dev make subversion zlib1g-dev

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Note, selecting 'libmysqlclient-dev' instead of 'libmysqlclient15-dev'

libboost-date-time-dev is already the newest version.

libboost-dev is already the newest version.

libboost-filesystem-dev is already the newest version.

libboost-program-options-dev is already the newest version.

libboost-regex-dev is already the newest version.

libboost-serialization-dev is already the newest version.

cmake is already the newest version.

g++ is already the newest version.

make is already the newest version.

subversion is already the newest version.

zlib1g-dev is already the newest version.

libmysqlclient-dev is already the newest version.

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

svn co http://xbt.googlecod.../trunk/xbt/misc xbt/misc

svn: OPTIONS of 'http://xbt.googlecod.../trunk/xbt/misc': Could not resolve hostname `xbt.googlecod...': Host not found ()

1909346773:~# svn co [url=]http://xbt.googlecod...
unk/xbt/Tracker xbt/Tracker

svn: OPTIONS of 'unk/xbt/Tracker': Could not resolve hostname `xbt.googlecod...unk': Host not found ([url=]http://xbt.googlecod...unk)

1909346773:~# cd xbt/Tracker

-bash: cd: xbt/Tracker: No such file or directory

1909346773:~# ./make.sh

-bash: ./make.sh: No such file or directory

1909346773:~# cp xbt_tracker.conf.default xbt_tracker.conf

the second part getting xbt does not function right now BUT i already got the xbt source , anyway

its not at /root/ but DIRECTLY at my /puclic_html

/home/topunder/public_html/xbt_tracker/xbt

i had the rar archive of xbt, so i just unrar it and put it to my server, to the /public_html/

i put the source on a folder here : /public_html/xbt_tracker/xbt where i got the 2 needed folder : misc & Tracker

so i go to the right folder as told in the tutorial : so TO ME its here :::

/home/ - MY USERNAME HERE LOL - /public_html/xbt_tracker/xbt/Tracker

and when i try to run the needed command, using putty i ssh : ./make.sh

THE RESULT IS :::::::::::

cd /home/topunder/public_html/xbt_tracker/xbt/Tracker

/home/topunder/public_html/xbt_tracker/xbt/Tracker# ./make.sh

g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

i always get the same error, but all packages are in place, i really dont get whats happening

seems, i say SEEMS no matter WHERE i put the xbt source on my server, can be at /root/ its the same result

arrffffff

i double checked again and again really seems all needed packages are in there, arrghhhhh

g++, gcc, build-essentials, ....

i got the list of all packages installed, its a long list, but usefull to check whats is installed, right ?

so HERE we go for the php :

dpkg --get-selections | grep php

libapache2-mod-php5 install

php5 install

php5-cgi install

php5-cli install

php5-common install

php5-curl install

php5-ffmpeg deinstall

php5-fpm install

php5-gd install

php5-imagick deinstall

php5-imap install

php5-mcrypt install

php5-memcache install

php5-memcached install

php5-mhash deinstall

php5-mysql install

php5-pspell install

php5-suhosin deinstall

php5-tidy deinstall

php5-xcache deinstall

php5-xmlrpc install

php5-xsl install

phpmyadmin install

WOOOOOOOOO wel well welll this time am lost,

i have php5 installed or not ??? this command seems to tell me NOT, right ?

the same for memcache AND memcached i have got them installed !!! i am sure because if NOT,

the front end i use wich is GAZELLE will not even run, arrghhhh seems its a big confusion in my head AND on my server

the other way i use to llokup at the packages installed is using webadmin :::

under the Software Package Updates

i got this BIG list all up and running !!!!

adduser add and remove users and groups Running latest 3.112+nmu2 Debian

apache2 Apache HTTP Server metapackage Running latest 2.2.16-6+squeeze7 Debian

apache2-mpm-prefork Apache HTTP Server - traditional non-threaded model Running latest 2.2.16-6+squeeze7 Debian

apache2-prefork-dev Apache development headers - non-threaded MPM Running latest 2.2.16-6+squeeze7 Debian

apache2-suexec Standard suexec program for Apache 2 mod_suexec Running latest 2.2.16-6+squeeze7 Debian

apache2-utils utility programs for webservers Running latest 2.2.16-6+squeeze7 Debian

apache2.2-bin Apache HTTP Server common binary files Running latest 2.2.16-6+squeeze7 Debian

apche2.2-common Apache HTTP Server common files Running latest 2.2.16-6+squeeze7 Debian

apt Advanced front-end for dpkg Running latest 0.8.10.3+squeeze1 Debian

apt-show-versions lists available package versions with distribution Running latest 0.16 Debian

apt-utils APT utility programs Running latest 0.8.10.3+squeeze1 Debian

apt-xapian-index maintenance and search tools for a Xapian index of Debian packages Running latest 0.41 Debian

aptitude terminal-based package manager (terminal interface only) Running latest 0.6.3-3.2+squeeze1 Debian

aspell GNU Aspell spell-checker Running latest 0.60.6-4 Debian

aspell-en English dictionary for GNU Aspell Running latest 6.0-0-6 Debian

autoconf automatic configure script builder Running latest 2.67-2 Debian

automake A tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles Running latest 1.11.1-1 Debian

autotools-dev Update infrastructure for config.{guess,sub} files Running latest 20100122.1 Debian

base-files Debian base system miscellaneous files Running latest 6.0squeeze5 Debian

base-passwd Debian base system master password and group files Running latest 3.5.22 Debian

bash The GNU Bourne Again SHell Running latest 4.1-3 Debian binutils The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities Running latest 2.20.1-16 Debian bison A parser generator that is compatible with YACC Running latest 2.4.1.dfsg-3 Debian bsdmainutils collection of more utilities from FreeBSD Running latest 8.0.13 Debian bsdutils Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite Running latest 2.17.2-9 Debian build-essential Informational list of build-essential packages Running latest 11.5 Debian bzip2 high-quality block-sorting file compressor - utilities Running latest 1.0.5-6+squeeze1 Debian ca-certificates Common CA certificates Running latest 20090814+nmu3squeeze1 Debian cmake a cross-platform, open-source make system Running latest 2.8.2+dfsg.1-0+squeeze1 Debian cmake-data CMake data files (modules, templates and documentation) Running latest 2.8.2+dfsg.1-0+squeeze1 Debian comerr-dev common error description library - headers and static libraries Running latest 2.1-1.41.12-4stable1 Debian coreutils GNU core utilities Running latest 8.5-1 Debian cpio GNU cpio -- a program to manage archives of files Running latest 2.11-4 Debian cpp The GNU C preprocessor (cpp) Running latest 4.4.5-1 Debian cpp-4.1 The GNU C preprocessor Running latest 4.1.2-29 Debian cpp-4.3 The GNU C preprocessor Running latest 4.3.5-4 Debian cpp-4.4 The GNU C preprocessor Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian cron process scheduling daemon Running latest 3.0pl1-116 Debian curl Get a file from an HTTP, HTTPS or FTP server Running latest 7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2 Debian dash POSIX-compliant shell Running latest 0.5.5.1-7.4 Debian dbconfig-common common framework for packaging database applications Running latest 1.8.46+squeeze.0 Debian dbus simple interprocess messaging system Running latest 1.2.24-4+squeeze1 Debian debconf Debian configuration management system Running latest 1.5.36.1 Debian debconf-i18n full internationalization support for debconf Running latest 1.5.36.1 Debian debian-archive-keyring GnuPG archive keys of the Debian archive Running latest 2010.08.28 Debian debianutils Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian Running latest 3.4 Debian deborphan program that can find unused packages, e.g. libraries Running latest 1.7.28.3+squeeze1 Debian dhcp3-client ISC DHCP server (transitional package) Running latest 4.1.1-P1-15+squeeze3 Debian dhcp3-common ISC DHCP common files (transitional package) Running latest 4.1.1-P1-15+squeeze3 Debian dialog Displays user-friendly dialog boxes from shell scripts Running latest 1.1-20100428-1 Debian dictionaries-common Common utilities for spelling dictionary tools Running latest 1.5.17 Debian diff dummy transitional package for diff -> diffutils Running latest 3.0-1 Debian diffutils File comparison utilities Running latest 3.0-1 Debian dmidecode Dump Desktop Management Interface data Running latest 2.9-1.2 Debian dpkg Debian package management system Running latest 1.15.8.12 Debian dpkg-dev Debian package development tools Running latest 1.15.8.12 Debian dselect Debian package management front-end Running latest 1.15.8.12 Debian e2fslibs ext2/ext3/ext4 file system libraries Running latest 1.41.12-4stable1 Debian e2fsprogs ext2/ext3/ext4 file system utilities Running latest 1.41.12-4stable1 Debian ed The classic UNIX line editor Running latest 1.4-3 Debian emacsen-common Common facilities for all emacsen Running latest 1.4.22 Debian fakeroot Gives a fake root environment Running latest 1.14.4-1 Debian file Determines file type using "magic" numbers Running latest 5.04-5+squeeze2 Debian findutils utilities for finding files--find, xargs Running latest 4.4.2-1+b1 Debian flex A fast lexical analyzer generator. Running latest 2.5.35-10 Debian fontconfig-config generic font configuration library - configuration Running latest 2.8.0-2.1 Debian ftp The FTP client Running latest 0.17-23 Debian g++ The GNU C++ compiler Running latest 4.4.5-1 Debian g++-4.3 The GNU C++ compiler Running latest 4.3.5-4 Debian g++-4.4 The GNU C++ compiler Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian g++-4.4-multilib The GNU C++ compiler (multilib files) Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian g++-multilib The GNU C++ compiler (multilib files) Running latest 4.4.5-1 Debian gcc The GNU C compiler Running latest 4.4.5-1 Debian gcc-4.1 The GNU C compiler Running latest 4.1.2-29 Debian gcc-4.1-base The GNU Compiler Collection (base package) Running latest 4.1.2-29 Debian gcc-4.3 The GNU C compiler Running latest 4.3.5-4 Debian gcc-4.3-base The GNU Compiler Collection (base package) Running latest 4.3.5-4 Debian gcc-4.4 The GNU C compiler Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian gcc-4.4-base The GNU Compiler Collection (base package) Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian gcc-4.4-multilib The GNU C compiler (multilib files) Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian gcc-multilib The GNU C compiler (multilib files) Running latest 4.4.5-1 Debian gccxml XML output extension to GCC Running latest 0.9.0+cvs20100501-2 Debian geoip-bin IP lookup command line tools that use the GeoIP library Running latest 1.4.7~beta6+dfsg-1 Debian geoip-database IP lookup command line tools that use the GeoIP library (country database) Running latest 1.4.7~beta6+dfsg-1 Debian gettext-base GNU Internationalization utilities for the base system Running latest 0.18.1.1-3 Debian gnupg GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement Running latest 1.4.10-4 Debian gnupg-curl GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement (cURL) Running latest 1.4.10-4 Debian gpgv GNU privacy guard - signature verification tool Running latest 1.4.10-4 Debian grep GNU grep, egrep and fgrep Running latest 2.6.3-3 Debian groff-base GNU troff text-formatting system (base system components) Running latest 1.20.1-10 Debian gzip GNU compression utilities Running latest 1.3.12-9 Debian hostname utility to set/show the host name or domain name Running latest 3.04 Debian ifupdown high level tools to configure network interfaces Running latest 0.6.10 Debian info Standalone GNU Info documentation browser Running latest 4.13a.dfsg.1-6 Debian initscripts scripts for initializing and shutting down the system Running latest 2.88dsf-13.1+squeeze1 Debian insserv Tool to organize boot sequence using LSB init.d script dependencies Running latest 1.14.0-2 Debian install-info Manage installed documentation in info format Running latest 4.13a.dfsg.1-6 Debian iproute networking and traffic control tools Running latest 20100519-3 Debian iptables administration tools for packet filtering and NAT Running latest 1.4.8-3 Debian iputils-ping Tools to test the reachability of network hosts Running latest 20100418-3 Debian isc-dhcp-client ISC DHCP client Running latest 4.1.1-P1-15+squeeze3 Debian isc-dhcp-common common files used by all the isc-dhcp* packages Running latest 4.1.1-P1-15+squeeze3 Debian iso-codes ISO language, territory, currency, script codes and their translations Running latest 3.23-1 Debian javascript-common Base support for javascript library packages Running latest 7 Debian klogd Kernel Logging Daemon Running latest 1.5-6 Debian krb5-multidev Development files for MIT Kerberos without Heimdal conflict Running latest 1.8.3+dfsg-4squeeze5 Debian laptop-detect attempt to detect a laptop Running latest 0.13.7 Debian less pager program similar to more Running latest 436-1 Debian lib64gcc1 GCC support library (64bit) Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian lib64gomp1 GCC OpenMP (GOMP) support library (64bit) Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian lib64stdc++6 The GNU Standard C++ Library v3 (64bit) Running latest 4.4.5-8 Debian libacl1 Access control list shared library Running latest 2.2.49-4 Debian libaio1 Linux kernel AIO access library - shared library Running latest 0.3.107-7 Debian libalgorithm-diff-perl module to find differences between files Running latest 1.19.02-2 Debian libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl module to find differences between files (XS accelerated) Running latest 0.04-1 Debian libalgorithm-merge-perl Perl module for three-way merge of textual data Running latest 0.08-2 Debian libapache2-mod-fcgid an alternative module compat with mod_fastcgi Running latest 2.3.6-1+squeeze1 Debian libapache2-mod-php5 server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (Apache 2 module) Running latest 5.3.13-1~dotdeb.0 libapr1 The Apache Portable Runtime Library Running latest 1.4.2-6+squeeze4 Debian libapr1-dev The Apache Portable Runtime Library - Development Headers Running latest 1.4.2-6+squeeze4 Debian libaprutil1 The Apache Portable Runtime Utility Library Running latest 1.3.9+dfsg-5 Debian libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3 The Apache Portable Runtime Utility Library - SQLite3 Driver Running latest 1.3.9+dfsg-5 Debian libaprutil1-dev The Apache Portable Runtime Utility Library - Development Headers Running latest 1.3.9+dfsg-5 Debian libaprutil1-ldap The Apache Portable Runtime Utility Library - LDAP Driver Running latest 1.3.9+dfsg-5 Debian libapt-pkg-perl Perl interface to libapt-pkg Running latest 0.1.24+b1 Debian libarchive1 Single library to read/write tar, cpio, pax, zip, iso9660, etc. Running latest 2.8.4.forreal-1+squeeze2 Debian libaspell15 GNU Aspell spell-checker runtime library Running latest 0.60.6-4 Debian libatm1 shared library for ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) Running latest 2.5.1-1.2 Debian libattr1 Extended attribute shared library Running latest 2.4.44-2 Debian libauthen-pam-perl Perl interface to PAM library Running latest 0.16-2 Debian libblkid1 block device id library Running latest 2.17.2-9 Debian libboost-all-dev Boost C++ Libraries development files (ALL, default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-date-time-dev date-time libraries based on generic programming (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-date-time1.42-dev set of date-time libraries based on generic programming concepts Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-date-time1.42.0 set of date-time libraries based on generic programming concepts Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-dev Boost C++ Libraries development files (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-filesystem-dev filesystem operations in C++ (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-filesystem1.42-dev filesystem operations (portable paths, iteration over directories, etc) in C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-filesystem1.42.0 filesystem operations (portable paths, iteration over directories, etc) in C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-graph-dev generic graph components and algorithms in C++ (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-graph-parallel-dev generic graph components and algorithms in C++ (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-graph-parallel1.42-dev generic graph components and algorithms in C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-graph-parallel1.42.0 generic graph components and algorithms in C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-graph1.42-dev generic graph components and algorithms in C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-graph1.42.0 generic graph components and algorithms in C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-iostreams-dev Boost.Iostreams Library development files (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-iostreams1.42-dev Boost.Iostreams Library development files Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-iostreams1.42.0 Boost.Iostreams Library Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-math-dev Boost.Math Library development files (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-math1.42-dev Boost.Math Library development files Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-math1.42.0 Boost.Math Library Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-mpi-dev C++ interface to the Message Passing Interface (MPI) (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-mpi-python-dev Python interface to the Message Passing Interface (MPI) (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-mpi1.42-dev C++ interface to the Message Passing Interface (MPI) Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-mpi1.42.0 C++ interface to the Message Passing Interface (MPI) Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-program-options-dev program options library for C++ (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-program-options1.42-dev program options library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-program-options1.42.0 program options library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-python-dev Boost.Python Library development files (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-python1.42-dev Boost.Python Library development files Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-python1.42.0 Boost.Python Library Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-regex-dev regular expression library for C++ (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-regex1.42-dev regular expression library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-regex1.42.0 regular expression library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-serialization-dev serialization library for C++ (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-serialization1.42-dev serialization library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-serialization1.42.0 serialization library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-signals-dev managed signals and slots library for C++ (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-signals1.42-dev managed signals and slots library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-signals1.42.0 managed signals and slots library for C++ Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-system-dev Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-system1.42-dev Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-system1.42.0 Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-test-dev components for writing and executing test suites (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-test1.42-dev components for writing and executing test suites Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-test1.42.0 components for writing and executing test suites Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-thread-dev portable C++ multi-threading (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-thread1.42-dev portable C++ multi-threading Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-thread1.42.0 portable C++ multi-threading Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-wave-dev C99/C++ preprocessor library (default version) Running latest 1.42.0.1 Debian libboost-wave1.42-dev C99/C++ preprocessor library Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost-wave1.42.0 C99/C++ preprocessor library Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libboost1.42-dev Boost C++ Libraries development files Running latest 1.42.0-4 Debian libbsd0 utility functions from BSD systems - shared library Running latest 0.2.0-1 Debian libbz2-1.0 high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime Running latest 1.0.5-6+squeeze1 Debian libbz2-dev high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - development Running latest 1.0.5-6+squeeze1 Debian libc-bin Embedded GNU C Library: Binaries Running latest 2.11.3-3 Debian libc-client2007e c-client library for mail protocols - library files Running latest 2007e~dfsg-3.1 Debian libc-dev-bin Embedded GNU C Library: Development binaries Running latest 2.11.3-3 Debian libc6 Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries Running latest 2.11.3-3 Debian libc6-amd64 Embedded GNU C Library: 64bit Shared libraries for AMD64 Running latest 2.11.3-3 Debian libc6-dev Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files Running latest 2.11.3-3 Debian libc6-dev-amd64 Embedded GNU C Library: 64bit Development Libraries for AMD64 Running latest 2.11.3-3 Debian libc6-i686 Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries [i686 optimized] Running latest 2.11.3-3 Debian libcap-dev development libraries and header files for libcap2 Running latest 2.19-3 Debian libcap1 support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities Running latest 1.10-14 libcap2 support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities Running latest 2.19-3 Debian libcomerr2 common error description library Running latest 1.41.12-4stable1 Debian libcurl3 Multi-protocol file transfer library (OpenSSL) Running latest 7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2 Debian libcurl3-gnutls Multi-protocol file transfer library (GnuTLS) Running latest 7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2 Debian libcurl4-openssl-dev Development files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL) Running latest 7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2 Debian libcwidget3 high-level terminal interface library for C++ (runtime files) Running latest 0.5.16-3 Debian libdb4.5 Berkeley v4.5 Database Libraries [runtime] Running latest 4.5.20-13 libdb4.6 Berkeley v4.6 Database Libraries [runtime] Running latest 4.6.21-16 Debian libdb4.7 Berkeley v4.7 Database Libraries [runtime] Running latest 4.7.25-9 Debian libdb4.8 Berkeley v4.8 Database Libraries [runtime] Running latest 4.8.30-2 Debian libdb4.8-dev Berkeley v4.8 Database Libraries [development] Running latest 4.8.30-2 Debian libdbd-mysql-perl Perl5 database interface to the MySQL database Running latest 4.016-1 Debian libdbi-perl Perl Database Interface (DBI) Running latest 1.612-1 Debian libdbus-1-3 simple interprocess messaging system Running latest 1.2.24-4+squeeze1 Debian libdevmapper1.02 The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library Running latest 1.02.08-1 libdns22 DNS Shared Library used by BIND Running latest 9.3.4-2etch3 libdpkg-perl Dpkg perl modules Running latest 1.15.8.12 Debian libedit2 BSD editline and history libraries Running latest 2.11-20080614-2 Debian libept1 High-level library for managing Debian package information Running latest 1.0.4 Debian libev-dev static library, header files, and docs for libev Running latest 3.9-1 Debian libev3 high-performance event loop library modelled after libevent Running latest 3.9-1 Debian libevent-1.4-2 An asynchronous event notification library Running latest 1.4.13-stable-1 Debian libevent-core-1.4-2 An asynchronous event notification library (core) Running latest 1.4.13-stable-1 Debian libevent-dev Development libraries, header files and docs for libevent Running latest 1.4.13-stable-1 Debian libevent-extra-1.4-2 An asynchronous event notification library (extra) Running latest 1.4.13-stable-1 Debian libexpat1 XML parsing C library - runtime library Running latest 2.0.1-7 Debian libexpat1-dev XML parsing C library - development kit Running latest 2.0.1-7 Debian libfile-copy-recursive-perl Perl extension for recursively copying files and directories Running latest 0.38-1 Debian libfontconfig1 generic font configuration library - runtime Running latest 2.8.0-2.1 Debian libfreetype6 FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files Running latest 2.4.2-2.1+squeeze4 Debian [url=https://207.182.136.178:10000/package-updates/view.cgi?mode=current&name=libfreetype6-dev&system=apt&...

WOOIOOOO guys i dont get WHY using

dpkg --get-selections | grep php i

ts telling me

php5 ======> install

WHEN on webadmin listing packages php5 is up and running !!!!

as mysql, memcache, ...... liboost, ..............

try typing this in the terminal:

~]$ php -v

my results:

PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: May 7 2012 20:13:47)

Copyright © 1997-2010 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

I have never worked with webadmin, but it probably has something to do cuz webadmin handles packages differently then when it's done directly via de terminal on the vps