Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't connect to intar-web, but just local network

Hey all. First, lemme say it's good to be back. =]

Needink some help with the intar-web. I'm able to connect to my local network in Fedora Core Test 3 using my ORiNOCO Silver card, but I can connect to my router, and other things on other local networks. Somehow, I can connect in XP, but not in FC3...any ideas? Oh, and as soon as I find my other card (Netgear MA401) I'll test it. My ORiNOCO seems to be on the fritz... Thanks!

I would think that if you are able to connect to your local network, your card is working fine. The fact that you can not connect to external networks sounds more like a routing issue. Perhaps you should check the setting you have for your local network (ie., your netmask) and make sure that it is correct. Also double check and make sure you have a gateway ip set.

P38

The strange thing is, I was able to connect to the intar-web before, it just somehow...died or something. =[

I did have MAC filtering on my firewall, but I disabled it. Still, no intar-web. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

I've been working on this for a few days now, but still no luck. Oh, and what's the best IRC app for Windoze? Thanks!

xchat

but, the new version is 30 days time limited. try finding an older version online

cheers

anyweb

Thanks, anyweb. Oh, after messing with some settings, I'm back on the intar-web! (With my ORiNOCO card, too! =] Thanks for all the help!)

good stuff dude

meet us on IRC

EFNET server

/join #linux-noob

cheers

anyweb

Gah...it's happening again. All I get told is that "The connection was refused when trying to contact www.foo.com." What I think it might be is, I had the wireless card's MAC bound to a certain IP address...I'll try un-binding it and see if that works, but until then, any tips from anyone?

does this only happen just after logging in ? have you checked your wireless signal strength ?

cheers

anyweb

I don't know if it happens before login....and signal strength is usually above 60.