Poll: Do you want advertisements on linux-noob.com ?
yes
no
definetly not !
i'll donate via paypal to keep it ad-free !!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you want advertisements on linux-noob.com

do you want advertisements on linux-noob.com ?

if you have not noticed, since linux-noob.com was launched back in december 11 2003, not ONE advertisement has appeared.

that is what i want it to remain like, but i gotta pay for it somehow :)

so thoughts please.....

cheers

anyweb

how many registered users have $5 in thier pocket? think aboiut it....

all of them

but the ones who donated amount to less than 0.5 % of them

sad really...

:(

id contribute money, but i cant be bothered signing up to paypal

send me a letter

snail mail works even today in 2004

cheers

anyweb

Well I am not sure how much 5 or 10 dollars canadian would be in sweden but I could probablly pull that off :)just let me know when your back hehe problem same as Mike no paypal :( ...

Honestly I don't care too much if there are advertisements, but if they're not those annoying pop-ups, but just messages on the sides, or banners on the top or bottom of pages I think that you should do it anyweb, keeps www.linux-noob.com online, and doesn't annoy too much.

Mephistophyles

Advertisements suck. I vote no , however im also one of those assholes who hasnt contributed monetarily to the site. I don't have pay pal and with my credit rating i'll never have it(i can't even get a bank account), But i've gotten alot of help from this site and if your willing to take an american money order i think i could swing 10-20 bucks to help support the cause. Another idea might be to whip up some t-shirts or stickers and sell em onsite. shirts are cheap and have a great markup value.

-tek-

I agree with tek, I think selling some shirts would be cool! You can look into cafe press I beleive is the name of the company that does everything for ya and you collect the cash in the end! Plus, I know sporting shirts in itself advertise alot too!

That's a good idea!

[/url][url=http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/]http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/