Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VMWare tools Workstation 5.0.0 build 13124

Ok so I am complete Noob to this (well not complete) and I have tried so hard to install VMware tools so my resolution will be better than 800x600.

So far I have extracted the .tar.gz to a folder I like.

I navigated to the .pl (perl) file I need to run to install the tools.

It starts running and I follwed the instructions that the "Read_Me" file said to accept all default locations to install. So I did that and came up with a question that,

asked me to find where the Kernel files with C something was, so I found THAT and typed the folder location as needed and got this error

Linux_VMWare_problem.bmp

IF you could give me some clue as the next step I can take, I would really appreciate it. (Oh i cannot spell really well either)

Attached Files
.bmp   Linux_VMWare_problem.bmp (Size: 994.05 KB / Downloads: 527)

Hello,

From the screen shot it looks like you don't have the kernel headers install. If you are using Fedora you can

issue the following command.

Code:
yum install kernel-devel

I really appreciate the fast response and I followed it and the link below and still same issue. Any more suggestions?

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.p...350#post1030350

IMO

Go with CentOS for a free server. Much better supported by VMware.

No real idea on your issue. What is the hardware this is running on? Also I HIGHLY recommend 5.0.0 U1 Fixed a lot of issues with Machine Check Error purple screens.

Edit:

Under ESX for the VM system options what type od bios are you running I know to run windows server 2012 it needs to be efi