Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello 1ajs here

hi i finaly sucesfuly made the jump to linux after 6 failed atempts. has had red hat 9 for cuple months till my hdd drive died few years back. each time my friend has installed it for me but usly it either failed to install or my sound was not suported for some odd reason

so i would wind up going back to windows and not lerning anything... at one time i tried to install gento my self did not make it very far befor i gave up lol. then my friend 2 months ago and i decided to install gento 2006.1 being it has a graphical installer ect kepted failing during installation he spent 6 days trying to install it beofr he gave up and put win 2000 back on my system then a month later windows gets corupted not sure why so i installed winserver 2003 more stable for gaming so it lasted a month befor i strted having weird problems like games crashing ec but that problem did not start till after another idiot friend turned my pc off after 35 days ugg wish plp would not mess with my stuff cause he could not figure out how to switch the tv from monitor mode to tv mode (has a 32" lcd toshiba tv) coulda killed him..............

so my computer sat off for 3 weeks till my friend sujested i try going linux agian said sure so we installed fedora core 4 and he installed gento and all that stuff and showed me how to install my games were to put any add on files i may have took forever to get simcity 4 rush hour working. it runs faster now but i have some tearing graphicaly other wise it runs... now if i could get my data off my 2nd drive it would be nice its a 160 gig drive thats formated as 137. somthing linux does not see my data has 80 gig of data on it i need acces too........music game files web site stuff photos ect

basicaly all i do on linux right now is surf the net and play simcity 4 and listen to net streams but what i would like to do is get some form of auto cad or an equivlent and or some sorta 3ds max type program to mess with

also i got amsn and it won't let me log in with it uggg [Image: screenshot40nx.th.jpg]

and just a google search of my self

welcome to linux and welcome to the forums, hopefully this time you'll stick with linux :)

cheers

anyweb

Quote:welcome to linux and welcome to the forums, hopefully this time you'll stick with linux :) 

cheers

anyweb

ya so do i but every tutorial i have come across confuses me even more......

ok well take each problem you have one step at a time

try to post your questions logically, and one problem at a time

we'll help as best we can, and we'll try to explain to you why you need to do the commands/things to get it to work

Fedora is an excellent distro, this site runs on Fedora !

cheers

anyweb

Quote:ok well take each problem you have one step at a time 

try to post your questions logically, and one problem at a time

we'll help as best we can, and we'll try to explain to you why you need to do the commands/things to get it to work

Fedora is an excellent distro, this site runs on Fedora !

cheers

anyweb

ever problem revols around the same thing i have no clue what i am doing only thing thats working good for me is gaim msn and yahoo, irc is driving me up the wall....... simcity4 rush hour and red faction are runing good in cedega..... and no java is driving me up the wall cause it has cut me off from a major portion of the simcity comunity. i did not even install my system i just sat there watched at 4 in the morning and passed out lol......

some one on one of the irc chanels directed me to this [/url][url=http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz]http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

witch is helping a bit

Welcome to the forum! [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png[/img])